ONLINE MARKETING – BRAND MANAGEMENT – PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Dedicated, dependable, and determined individual with experience in email marketing, HTML, and web editing. Highly motivated with strong track record of planning and developing as exhibited by being part of developing two new departments that focused on both building brand recognition and increasing revenue. Known for versatility, adaptability, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly. Energetic and tenacious personality that receives fulfillment from fully completing multiple tasks. Adept at building relationships and communicating ideas clearly and effectively both with fellow team members and the client base.
RIVALS.COM powered by Yahoo! Inc. 2003 – 2008
Rivals.com is a web based sports property owned by Yahoo, which covers college and high school athletics on a national level. Operating much in the way of an online magazine a subscription fee is charged for fans to gain access to the news released by the Rivals.com network of websites.
High School Network Producer
Managed 40+ high school network site publishers and writers providing consultation and guidance. Focused on building the brand of each site publisher as the local expert through careful attention to content packaging, marketing, and community building. Lead planning sessions to develop marketing strategies and editorial calendars. Wrote copy for story teasers and editing both front-page summaries and featured content on several network sites.
· Average subscription growth of 44% was seen by assigned publishers in 2008
· Increased page views year over year 11 of the last 12 months due to the guidance and direction given to publishers.
· Composed and sent multiple marketing emails each week that drove traffic to specific content throughout our network
· Conceptualized, built, and implemented marketing materials such as online banner ads and printed material to be distributed directly to the user.
· Increased knowledge of HTML and used this skill to aide the aesthetic appeal of certain content increasing site stickiness.
· To guide publishers in editorial decision-making developed a general 12-month content schedule based on researched content popularity and correlating time of year.
Ecommerce Merchandising Coordinator
Supervised day-to-day operations including shipping, receiving, and customer service. Oversaw drop ship program and developed quality working relationship with all third party vendors. Wrote product descriptions for all items offered at our online store.
· Partnered on two-person team establishing the new ecommerce division at Rivals.com in 2005.
· Aided in developing new revenue stream that grew to $2 million in its first full year of operation.
· To maximize the user experience, maintained look and feel of the store making sure images and links functioned properly.
· Advised on warehouse organization at two separate locations including floor plan, shelf-setup, location of product lines, and shipping areas.
· Created shipping process to streamline operation in the interest of getting orders to customers quickly.
· Consulted with Director on decision to bring new product lines in-house.
Customer Service Representative
Primarily responsible for answering questions about billing and technical issues experienced by users.
· Saved 45-50% of users interested in canceling by communicating the benefits of Rivals and highlighting upcoming content centered on their favorite team.
· Up-sold users our annual package by pointing out potential savings in the payment plan over that of the monthly pay cycle. The benefit of the annual payment option to Rivals cut down on cancellations.
· Trained on Premier Pro video editing software and aided in creating and uploading highlight video of top national recruits.
Bachelor of Organizational Communication, University Nashville, TN, 2002
Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite,
Celebration Station : Sunday School with 4-5 year olds, 2007 – Present
Room at the Inn, Nov 2008 – Present
Alzheimer’s Association Walk-a-thon Team Leader
Worked and paid my own tuition throughout my college career
Elected Chaplain and Vice-President while a member of the Omega social club